All over my Facebook feed you’ll find every other post about politics or some reference to the “cash me ousside” girl. It’s so unbearable so I’ve decided to do a little interview with my six year old. I asked her to tell me ten things that she was looking forward to when she becomes an adult. She is such a hoot so why not put some smiles back on our faces?!
- I want to be an artist. I want to make a lot of minions for little kids. I want to teach an art class and show kids how to make a girl and a boy the right way.
- I want to be a doctor. I want to pull out babies. I’m going to tell their parents that they have to tell me what they’re naming their kid. I’ll tell them if it’s a boy or a girl, too.
**Mom note: I’ve told her time and time again to say ‘OB’ instead of ‘pull-out-baby-doctor’.**
- I want to be a recycler. I’m going to get more people to recycle and keep the Earth clean. Planet Earth needs a lot of birthdays. So if someone throws trash on the ground, I’ll clean it up and find people to do it with me. I think they are teenagers or something.
- I want to be an aunt. I want to be an aunt because if Savanna has kids, I want to help my sister. I’ll be next door to her house, I think. I’m going to give them healthy food because Savanna doesn’t like healthy food.
- I want to make flowers when I grow up. I’m going to make the flowers, different colors. First you have to put the seeds down so when it’s a rainy day, there will be water on it.
**Mom note: I’m just as confused.**
- I want to drink a lot of Starbucks. I want to drink an Iced Chai Tea Latte with eight pumps. I also want a cake pop there and I’ll help you get your 7 pump drink.
- I want to be on my adult cell phone sometimes. I will bring it with me when I go somewhere. I’m going to call you all of the time. I want to put pictures all over my adult Facebook.
- I want to help you go to the store. So if you want to go to TJ Maxx, I’ll just do it for you. I’ll pick up whatever you need. If you need a toy for someone’s birthday, I will get it.
- I WANT TO BE A SOCCER COACH. I’m going to help the kids learn how to play. They better not touch the ball with their hands.
- I want to go to college. I want to go to the one that is in Virginia. The one that Uncle Charlie wears on his hat. It’s blue and orange.
I feel like when I was six years old, I worried about when the next time I was going to be eating pizza was. But this kid is so excited about her future and I’m hopeful that it will stay that way. She is so bright and caring and I truly envy her kind heart. When I first sat down and planned this blog, I wanted to compare what my answers would be as a six year old but I really just can’t take away the spotlight from her. If the feelings in Madison’s heart are comparable to other kids her age, we won’t have so much hate in the world twenty years from now. Let’s teach our kids right from wrong, good from bad, and just how to be a freakin’ awesome person, ya know?
SO, I’m challenging you, friends, to ask your kids to tell you ten things that they want to do as an adult. Let’s see what our future looks like!