We’re starting a new series called Three Things Thursday! Every once in a while we’ll each share three things we’re currently obsessed with. It may be a special drink from Starbucks or an article of clothing- there are no limits! So let’s get this started with our first Three Things Thursday.
1. I’ve never been one to splurge on clothing. It’s just so hard for me to spend over like $30 on any one item. I know, I know, the more expensive clothes last longer. But really, what am I doing to my clothes that will wear them out fast? Plus, as a mom to a little one, I need something that is comfortable, easy, and inexpensive to replace when my kid smears peanut butter all over it. I am currently obsessed with the new line “A New Day” at Target. The materials are so soft and comfortable and I feel like every time I go to Target I buy another piece. I’m most obsessed with their tanks which are still inexpensive for Target shoppers (you know how new lines at Target tend to be a bit more pricey? Not this one!) and SO COMFORTABLE! I wear them by themselves with cute jeans or with skirts since it’s the middle of October but still almost 90 degrees here in VA.
2. I love easy, fast makeup so when I heard about the multibalm from Pixi by Petra, I was intrigued. The idea is that you can use this as both a lipstick and a blush. They carry this line at most Target stores so I stopped by that section (which is conveniently located at the end of the aisle-EEK!) and checked them out. They only had a few different colors which actually made me happy because I don’t do well with lots of makeup choices. I get very overwhelmed and end up buying nothing. I settled on “Baby Petal” because I thought it would look the best as a lipstick for me. I was quite wrong about that- I feel like as a lipstick it looks very washed out and like I’m dying. BUT, as a blush- I. AM. OBSESSED. It is the perfect shade and adds so much more color to my cheeks than my normal MAC blush.
3. Normally I’m not a fan of the specialty drinks from Starbucks. I’m just going to say it- I do not like pumpkin spice lattes. THERE! But I saw an ad for the Maple Pecan Latte and had to try it. I could honestly do without the sugar topping and I get it with almond milk and holy yum. Do your fall loving heart a favor and get one. Just ignore the price tag. Those bad boys are expensive.
1. IKEA. I-freakin-KEA. I’ve never lived by an IKEA and would only get the chance to go when I was visiting my mom in NJ, but even then I would have my kids with me so I couldn’t fit anything into my backseat. But let me tell you, there is an IKEA about 45 minutes from my house here in WA and I can’t get enough of it. I went to about 8 different furniture stores to find the most perfect coffee table and low and behold, IKEA had it the whole time. And everything is cheap! And I know that you’re thinking because it’s cheap that it must mean it’s poor quality but it’s not! I ended up buying a desk, coffee table, bench/shoe storage, a toilet brush, 4 white bowls, and a nail kit for $350! LIKE WHAT?!?! Some of the items I bought are these:
2. Kat Von D foundation. I have been using Kat Von D’s lock it foundation for about a month now and I’m totally obsessed. It has a matte finish which helps with my red face. It covers everything so well! And I’m pretty sure the liquid form can cover tattoos from what I’ve read online. Imagine the lightest color that she makes, and that’s what I wear.
3. Late Start Wednesdays. The school district where I live has a thing called “Late Start Wednesdays” where the kids go to school an hour later in the mornings. Do you know what that means? That means that I can sleep an hour later. There is such an increase in my energy on these days and i’m obsessed with it. Thank you, Clover Park school district, from the bottom of my heart. Picture with Savanna, showing that I’m happier on Wednesday mornings: